Wednesday 5 September 2012

It's all going to the dogs!

Every year our company sends their managers and assistant managers to conference. This years conference is in Turks and Caicos. It's a hard job but some one had to do it. We usually stay at the Sandals or Beaches resorts. The cool thing about this chain of resorts is they give back to communities they are in. So every year the managers and assistant manager have to fund raise. This money goes towards local community projects that while on conference they work on. In the past we have rebuilt conch farms that have been destroyed by hurricanes, built bee boxes so a small community can harvest and sell honey, built library's we even brought one community computers. I had the honor of going on a trip to Jamaica and the project I worked on was a green space for kids to play in. It was one of my most memorable moments. I always like to help fund raise. Each person that goes has to raise money to help with the projects. My sister kindly went through he stash and donated some fabric for us. So we have some fabric now what should we make that is quick and easy? Then it hits me. Let's make some bandana's for people's dogs. We sent an email out and for $10 they could get a bandana with their dogs name embroidered on it. We did not think it was going to be as popular as it was. We got orders from all over Canada. All in all I have made over 30 of these bandana's. I even had my machine going at work. I'm finishing off the last 6 today and hopefully that is it. It's for a great cause!

1 comment:

  1. They are going to be able to walk the runway now those pooches!

    ReplyDelete