Monday 4 April 2011

I saw that pattern and said " I fancy That!"

Hello Bloggers and thank you for the warm welcome to the world of blogging!
This is a quick post. Last week there was a quilt show in our area. A friend of mine had a quilt in the show. Grace made a quilt with a pattern called Slideshow. I loved the style of the quilt and her colors that she chose. When I saw it I thought Hmm I Fancy That and it would be great in Halloween prints. Here is a picture of Grace's finished quilt

I like her colors so much! I told her how much I loved her quilt  and where she bought the pattern. So I could go run and buy it. She had bought the pattern in Sisters while on the bus trip we did together. She offered to loan me the pattern.I was so excited! I can't wait to get going on it. In turn for Grace lending me her pattern I dug out my beading stuff and made Grace some stitch markers for her knitting.
I hope she enjoys them as much as I enjoyed making them for her. There is no greater joy then making something and having someone who appreciates what you have made them.
Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun quilt to make. Your stitch markers are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I'm happy to lend you stuff - lol. they are beautiful! good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And like a quilt, there is nothing like the warmth that good friends share. You are the best ;)

    ReplyDelete