Sunday 21 August 2011

Quilts off the Avenue !

Hi Everyone!
The last few weeks I have been busy getting my quilts done for the annual Cloth Castle's Quilt Challenge.This year the challenge was crazy patch. This something I look forward to every year. I had two quilts in the show. I fell in love with Sashiko and I did a hand done Sashiko Dragon wall hanging.
Here is a photo.
I tied for first in the wall hanging category.
I also had a large quilt in the show. For those who read my blog have seen my large quilt as I have been working on it. Here is a photo of it done.
Here is my crazy about DR Seuss Quilt. It placed second in the large quilts.


Wait until you see the quilt that came in first! It was stunning. Louisa who made the winning quilt spent 3 months and 8 hours a day working on it. She used threads by Ricky Timms. She did such a great job that when she email Ricky Timms he emailed her back to let her know what an amazing job she had done. Her quilt is going to to be in his magazine The Quilt life in October or November. Here is some photos of it. Like I said it was STUNNING!




Here is my sister wall hanging. Done with wool.Her wall hanging came in second for the wall hangings

Ok Hope you are all having a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment