Sunday 17 July 2011

Went Quilting and did a " Hole In One"

Hi Everyone! Hope you all are having a great weekend. Today I took a class with my sister Natasha and a close friend of ours Cindy. We took a stackNwack class at the Cloth Castle. This class was taught by Bettye Shepherd.Bettye is a guess teacher at the Cloth Castle from Arizona. She has been quilting for 58 years. She has also won several awards in the quilting world. It was a great privilege to take a class from her. It was also the first time I took a class with my sister where she was not the teacher.

Here is the sample quilt that Bettye made, that had us all sign up.

All those blocks are from the same piece of fabric. We all picked a fabric with a repeat in it. You line them up and stack and then cut them all up. There is more to it but I don't want to give to many secrets out. The Cloth Castle will be carrying Bettye's Pattern called Hole n One.

I bet you want to see what fabrics we chose.
This is my piece of fabric before we cut it up.     
Natasha and Cindy both picked the same fabric. This Rogue marches to her own drum ;)

  
All my whacked stacks. Ready to be put back together.
TADA!!!!


Here is a sneak peek at Natasha and Cindy's Blocks. Be sure to jump over to Natasha's blog to see hers!

5 comments:

  1. These are great, love your fabric choice. Definitely a technique worth learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday for the 22nd. Hugs Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! What great idea for a Halloween quilt. The fabric you chose is just perfect for that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower and I wish you a very happy birthday tomorrow!
    ap_lemos at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete